Christmas may look a little different to normal this year, but that won't stop the festive baking!
Christmas cake is my favourite cake, Yule Logs are scrummy, Christmas cookies are so varied and fun... I just love festive baking! And this year I am going to make a pledge...
I'm ONLY going to bake festive bakes for my family friends from now until Christmas!
I've made family and friends many, many mince pies, mince pie brownies, and Christmas cakes for years during December, but this year I'm going to make an effort to only bake new recipes. I hope I can discover some unknown gem of a Christmas bake, making a change from what we normally enjoy at home (often carrot cakes, Tres Leches, Victoria Sponge...) and I hope to be able to share my findings with you, this year or next!
So what am I planning to bake?
I have some amazing new recipes to try, what do you think to these?! Photos added as I wade through my baking wishlist...
- Peppermint Chocolate Slices
- My first ever baked cheesecake, 'Snowed in' Vanilla Cheesecake
- Cranberry Red Velvet Cake (below)
- Christmas pudding cookies - with crumbled pudding in the mix, mmm!
- A large, single Christmas Tree gingerbread cookie
- Cranberry and walnut muffins - good for breakfast, I expect
- Mince pie cookies
- Chewy amaretti Christmas cookies
- Stollen - I'm nervous about this one, shop bought versions are hard to beat!
- Cinnamon swirl bread
- Christmas monkey bread - for my 17 month old daughter, who we've just discovered knows the word 'monkey'!
That's a lot of new recipes, and Christmas is coming up quickly, so I'd better get baking!
Welcome to the 280 Bakes blog! Most posts are by myself, Louise, but if you fancy guest blogging, give me a shout!