Apple Crumble is a family favourite for pudding for us, spanning three generations. When I managed to fix up a recipe for Apple Crumble Cake last month, I knew it would be a corker!
Vegan Apple Crumble Cake
• First stew the apples. Do this by mixing the apple ingredients into a saucepan and leave to simmer until they're soft. This will take a while to cook and cool.
• Now make the crumble by rubbing the ingredients together to form a soft crumbly mix. Put to one side.
• Put all cake ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.
• Put the mixture into a lined, greased loaf tin.
• Bake at 180°C for approximately 30 minutes. Half way through, sprinkle the crumble mix on the top - a generous amount!
• The cake is ready when it's golden on top, and a skewer comes out clean
• When the cake is cool (no sooner or it'll fall apart!), slice it in half horizontally through the middle and fill with the stewed apples. Carefully put the 'lid' of the cake back on, taking care not to lose any crumble.
Ta dah! Enjoy. x
Lou @ 280 Bakes
Welcome to the 280 Bakes blog! Most posts are by myself, Louise, but if you fancy guest blogging, give me a shout!