Cake Friday, someone's birthday... there's always a reason for cake at work, but which office cake are you?!
So, the Royal College of Surgeons has warned us off cakes at work. They encourage overeating, tooth decay and are a contributing factor to obesity. Who’d have thought?
“I’m not saying we need to ban such treats. But we do need a change in culture. When people are going out to the shops and buying cake and sweets they should at least consider buying smaller quantities and making them available only with lunch meals” says Professor Hunt, Dean of the Faculty of Dental Surgery.
So could the great tradition of the office charity day bake sale, the routine of 'Cake Fridays', and in-office birthday celebrations really be threatened? I doubt it! Cakes have been a pick-me-up in every office I've ever worked in, and everyone enjoys a little treat. Some have more will-power than most, for sure, but everything in moderation, I figure.
In honour of this 'terrifying' announcement from the Docs, we're asking today,
Which office cake are you?
Low Fat, Low Sugar Chocolate Cake
- Rich and velvety smooth
- All your colleagues seem to like you
- Efficient, no indulgent extras, slim line
- A little nutty...
- Better in bite sized portions
- Melts under pressure
A Victoria Sponge
- You have it together, you can be relied upon
- A classic, you've been around a long time
- A fan of fresh raspberries
- You're the one always offering to make the next brew
- A caffeine hit gets you going in the morning
- You start to 'flag' a little around 3pm... time for another strong coffee!
- You're the best dressed in the office
- You enjoy making people smile
- You pay attention to detail
I'm a mixture of Coffee Cake and A Showstopper, I think.
Cake in the office: Does it get much more 'Friday Feeling' than that?!
'Friday Fruit' just doesn't have the same excitement as 'Cake Friday'. Keep eating, cake lovers!
Mention this blog post when you order your next office birthday cake and receive 10% off! Offer ends 31st September 2017.
Louise @ 280 Bakes
Welcome to the 280 Bakes blog! Most posts are by myself, Louise, but if you fancy guest blogging, give me a shout!